Sunday 18 October 2009

Cupcake 101

One of the main reasons I have started this blog is to keep a diary of my baking escapades.

I have a been a serial baker for a number of years now, to the point of panicking if a week goes by that I don't produce at least one batch of cakes.

So why cupcakes? Why in Delia's name not?!?! Have you seen the gorgeous, creamy, sugary, froufiness that is a cupcake? Have you savoured the moist yet crumbly goodness they conceal???

Above all though, the main reason I love cupcakes is simple - they make people happy.

I have a ridiculous number of ideas swirling round my head at any time waiting to be unleashed in Cafe Coco (my teeeeny kitchen). I am constantly on the lookout for new inspiration, so if something on my site seems familiar then it may be that you've seen it on another site - but different. I try to modify and mould any ideas I find online or in books to my own style.

My cupcake obsession doesn't end at baking. No. Anything cupcake themed is lucky if it escapes my sight. Cupcake luggage tags, cupcake teapots, cupcake pyjamas, cupcake dresses...I hoard them all. Coco and Mika are one pay day away from sleeping in a cupcake shaped bed (why doesn't this come in human size?!)

My dream item is a red Kitchenaid mixer, the thought makes me salivate. Red and chrome shinyness - oooooooooh. I want to live on the set of Ace of Cakes.

Anyhoo, I plan to post pictures and details of all of my baking sessions, successful or not. In the meantime, please peruse the photos below of a small selection of my creations to date.
Colene
xxx






















No comments:

Post a Comment